Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaterWolf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Recently, I've been seeing so much things about the iPhone currently that I might be more confused than I've ever been about the iPhone. What, you might ask? Let's start with the very, very small (/s) case of iOS 16 and iOS 17 turning things into hell with their older phones.. so many things about iphones slowing down so much.... But what? There is a big group of people who contest this saying their older iphones work gracefully. Ok, community back-and-forth. Surely it can't get worse than that, right? Well, No. Because then how do you explain the iPhone 15 Pro durability issues (clearly very overstated but who cares), the tonload of problems with the iPhone 14 at launch, the RTR bs, and THE COMMUNITY SLANDERING THE IPHONE AND APPLE IN THE MOST HORRIFIC WAYS POSSIBLE.

Now theres a silver lining to all of this, that is BCS the internet is very vocal, it pushes out problems not usually seen or cared about. And I know that someone's gonna comment "Oh but I actually understand apple and think all your saying is a clear overstatement 🤓"

Opinions?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Not sure of the talking points here.
- you’re unclear on the performance of older phones on newer o/s based on community responses
- you believe there are durability issues with the iPhone 15 pro
- you believe there were a ton of issues with the iPhone 14 at launch
- finally you are happy the internet puts issues in iPhones?

Did I get that all?

LaterWolf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Not sure of the talking points here.
- you’re unclear on the performance of older phones on newer o/s based on community responses
- you believe there are durability issues with the iPhone 15 pro
- you believe there were a ton of issues with the iPhone 14 at launch
- finally you are happy the internet puts issues in iPhones?

Did I get that all?
1. It's not like apple has been proven to slow down older iphones (been doing that since iOS 11)
2. I told you that it's clearly overstated
3. Have you seen that screen?
4. I'm kind of in a mixed bag with this, like issues need to be reported, but I don't need to get notified every day of a new issue with the newest iphone that puts me in an existential crisis of whether i should've bought this iphone (trying to buy an iphone 15 pm)

And yes, you got that all, in fact, your signature says all about you, and I respect it

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
@LaterWolf

I think you worry too much, and that's coming from a person who worries too much.

Buy what you want, stop listening to what others (people, internet, news, whatever) says about what you bought. If there are problems, take it to Apple.

Otherwise enjoy your device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.