Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Season 3 Spoilers
Season 3
wraps up Edwards life and several loose ends. This is a good recap:

All the effort to get dead Ragnar (killed in his sleep by Aethelwald at the suggestion of Cnut, Ragnar’s cousin) out of Niflheim and to Valhalla, seemed like cheating, but I am no Viking lore expert. :)

My critique of this season, is that after Aethelwald lost an eye for treachery, I don’t see him being in any kind of a position in court, even allowed there to sew his seeds of discord and treachery.

Season 4 Spoilers

I’m actually about half way though Season 4. Bebbanburg is a bust, Mercia is up for play, Aethelred after being wounded in battle is murdered, Aethelflaed is on the run from her brother Edward, who I don’t care for now that he is King, Edward’s Father in law, Aethelhelm is a schemer, and Edward’s Mom, Aelswith is not so bad. :) Will Uhtred and Aethelflaed have a future together?

Lasrjock

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2019
Northern VA
I have read (and enjoyed) all of his Sharpe books (and saw the TV shows). Now I will have to read his Viking books.

Apparently I can be obtuse at times. I failed to realize that the first of Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Chronicles is titled "The Last Kingdom" and, according to Wikipedia, the TV show is based on his novels.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just finished the series up with a superb movie Seven Kings Must Die (2023 Netflix ) about the unification of England mentioned in the movie thread. Watch the 5 seasons first! :)

CB709AC1-6D2A-4780-A95E-1256ED8E2CA4.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.