Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Well, after using .Mac/MobileMe for about 6 years I'm gonna go ahead and let my current subscription run out without getting it renewed.

So now here goes the fun part--changing my e-mail address with a bunch of different sites: Amazon, Paypal, and so on.

I do have one question, though. My iTunes account is tied to my current .Mac e-mail address. I'm not gonna be up the creek once my .mac service ends, as far as iTunes, am I?

paulbeattie87

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2008
North East Scotland
Nope. You need to contact iTunes support and get them to change it onto an address which doesn't currently have an Apple ID or iTunes account associated with it.

I've been looking around at alternatives for MobileMe, I hate having an @me.com address much rather prefer my own domain. E-mail solution seems to be exchange and it's just really costly. MobileMe is a bargain when you add up all the component parts.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Alright, sent the iTunes Support team an e-mail via the form on the Apple support site. Here's hoping I can change my AppleID without issue and not lose the 6+ years of music I've purchased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.