Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AhmetRyzen

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 31, 2023
Adana, Turkey
Photos from Internet

images (1).jpeg

Toilet with clean water tap. You cannot find a toilet without a tap in Turkey.

images (2).jpeg

Alaturka toilet. Traditional toilet of the Turks. It is also the only type of toilet recommended by doctors. It also builds leg muscles.

indir.jpeg

We always put a lace cover over most things. The reason is to prevent dust.

Let's see what things will come up that will surprise us. 🙂

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Would something bad happen if you cross the streams?👻

Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Peter Venkman: What?
Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Peter Venkman: Why?
Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Are you seriously trying to tell me (tell us), @AhmetRyzen, that, in a country that boasts the history, cuisine and culture of Turkey, a country that is home to the wonders of Istanbul, the legend of Troy, the glories of Ephesus, - among many other things - the incredible history of the entire Black Sea region, a country that has given us Turkish coffee, amazing lentil soup, superb salads, even Efes beer, not to mention terrific leather jackets, that the "most interesting things" your country has - that you have chosen to highlight - are a variety of different toilets?

Last edited:

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Would something bad happen if you cross the streams?👻

Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Peter Venkman: What?
Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Peter Venkman: Why?
Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?

NEVER cross the streams!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
That Alaturka toilet doesn't seem compatible with older people.
Or women.

Or women, or older people, or women and/or older people who may have enjoyed a beer, or glass or two of wine.

Suffice to say that this design is not unique to Turkey.

In fact, I have encountered this lamentable model in the Baltic states, the Caucasus, and, also, in central Asia, (with - on one unfortunate occasion - tragic - and irretrievable - consequences for the mission mobile phone, or cell phone, that had been assigned to me, and I devoutly thank the divinities whose existence I doubt that it wasn't a sat phone, for, I had also been assigned one of those - a colleague awaiting me outside was convulsed with laughter at the sheer fluency of my complete command of Anglo-Saxon oaths), and no, I don't care how healthy or strong one's legs are supposed to become, no, no, no, thank you.

Last edited:

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Or women.

Or women, or older people, or any people who may have enjoyed a beer, or glass or two of wine.

In fact, I have encountered this lamentable model in the Baltic states, the Caucasus, and, also, in central Asia, (with - on one unfortunate occasion - tragic - and irretrievable - consequences for the mission phone that had been assigned to me, and I devoutly thank the divinities whose existence I doubt that it wasn't a sat phone, for, I had also been assigned one of those - a colleague awaiting me outside was convulsed with laughter at the sheer fluency of my complete command of Anglo-Saxon oaths), and no, I don't care how healthy or strong one's legs are supposed to become, no, no, no, thank you.
I’ve also experienced widespread use of squat toilets in the south east Asia, specifically Thailand.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Or women.

Or women, or older people, or women and/or older people who may have enjoyed a beer, or glass or two of wine.

In fact, I have encountered this lamentable model in the Baltic states, the Caucasus, and, also, in central Asia, (with - on one unfortunate occasion - tragic - and irretrievable - consequences for the mission mobile phone, or cell phone, that had been assigned to me, and I devoutly thank the divinities whose existence I doubt that it wasn't a sat phone, for, I had also been assigned one of those - a colleague awaiting me outside was convulsed with laughter at the sheer fluency of my complete command of Anglo-Saxon oaths), and no, I don't care how healthy or strong one's legs are supposed to become, no, no, no, thank you.
I took my now wife on trip to France in 1994 and we stopped at one of those gas station/ restroom places on the freeway/motor way ( the ones you pay for) and guess what? We had to find a place with a sit down toilet for her…

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.