Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Day_

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
You don’t have to check as such as it displays a badge with the number of updates you have on your profile picture, no need to go in and refresh

Reactions: white4s

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
You don’t have to check as such as it displays a badge with the number of updates you have on your profile picture, no need to go in and refresh
Mine doesn’t unless I refresh, and half the time it won’t load my account at all until/unless I do a hard reboot (I’m aware that part is a bug).

Vlad Soare

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
It looks awful. They moved the updates to a place where they don't belong (My account? Really? What do the updates have to do with my account info?), only to make room for some stupid, useless gaming thing for fourteen year old nerds.
OK, I understand that functionally speaking we're not losing anything, but it's ugly for no good reason.

• Love
Reactions: caligurl

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Agree, yet another horrible, user-hostile iOS 13 change.
Couldn't agree more! I don't want to update few apps, and good I did it on an old iPhone , but as soon as you get to the updates , the first time it's very easy to update all :(

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
it is indeed horrible and checking for updates sucks big time now.

the app store is so bad i cant believe it.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
(Laughing, sort of) If I still had my XS Max I'd restore 12.4.1 and be done with this. Unfortunately, it was purchased (rented?) on the IUP so it went back to Apple when I got a new 11 Pro Max. Grrr. I had read that 13 was buggy but TBH I didn't really believe it could be this bad. And, at least the App Store actually works, even if the UI is a disaster (like Health and several others). Other things are just plain broken.

icyuka

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2018
Agreed, but alternatively you can 3D/Haptic Touch the app on the home screen and tap Updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.