Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
What a bunch of nonsense. TC knows and has claimed about a million times that he is not SJ although SJ hand picked him as his right hand and as his successor. The ad is worthless to you like all ads are. You’re just trying to make a wave out of hot air.
You wanting me to be "BANNED"?

• Angry
Reactions: G5isAlive

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I am just happy with my Apple iPad Air and glad it was not included.

Huh? So you are upset with the company over their add, and you really think it matters what iPad they created with the press? It's the company you are upset with. Not the product. This makes no sense, it's like you think the iPad Air decided not to be in the ad?! So thank goodness?

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Not at all. I’m actually against cancel culture and as a grown up I chose rather carefully what I waste my energy on with being offended. There a billions of people and millions of ads out there. The chances they are all to my liking are rather slim.
Now for looking at what Apple has done with the new iPads and Airs i am glad i have the ones bought last year, until i see Apple allowing people to use their own memory cards and moving text files and pictures direct from their iPads to a their laptop computers, i still feel Apple is not responding to the users needs and wishs it's just their wanting the extra money they get from their memory and forcing people to keep using their cloud.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Personally I do not find it offensive, but I am surprised that Apple marketing did not anticipate this reaction from some people. This is another example of the lack of foresight and competence from that department. The ad itself gets the message across but there is nothing creative or genius about it. To remove the potential offense, perhaps the items could have been magically blended and transformed into an iPad instead of outright destroyed. Or while using the iPad these items can magically come out of the iPad. I don't know, but it's not my job.

Reactions: mcvaughan

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I liked the ad, actually. I thought it made the point that instead of needing a room full of stuff, you can use a “thinpossible” iPad. The most recent revelation for me is that it replaces a full pedalboard, an amp, multichannel mixer and effects. It’s far cheaper and uses much less space than I would have needed a few years ago, and I can then pull the cable from it and slip it in my camera bag to do something entirely different.

While the rest of the industry is trying to replace human creativity with AI, Apple is working to make creative tools even more accessible to actual creators— and of course Apple is who they get mad at.

Because some instruments appeared to get crushed along the way…. Artists are such a pretentious whining self centered lot. We need a Punk resurgence to cleanse the palette again.

Now for looking at what Apple has done with the new iPads and Airs i am glad i have the ones bought last year, until i see Apple allowing people to use their own memory cards and moving text files and pictures direct from their iPads to a their laptop computers, i still feel Apple is not responding to the users needs and wishs it's just their wanting the extra money they get from their memory and forcing people to keep using their cloud.
You are now off topic in your own thread. There are plenty of other threads on these topics that you should address your comments to.

Reactions: mcvaughan

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Rumor is that they have also canceled the campaign for iPhone 16 where they'd use that machine to crush people with their bones cracking and organs bursting and blood squirting all over the place, and then reveals an iPhone, representing all the people you can communicate with and have memories of via the device.

Last edited:

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
The ad shows objects being compressed the size of an iPad Pro.
In other words, the iPad pro can replace all these things according to them.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Rumor is that they have also canceled the campaign for iPhone 16 where they'd use that machine to crush people with their bone cracking and organs bursting and blood squirting all over the place, and then reveals an iPhone, representing all the people you can communicate with and having memories of via the device.
Something as that would surly bring a fire storm on the forums.

Reactions: antiprotest

MarBel67

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2024
I believe a lot of people missed the point : To me it was a great ad because it was showing that you could do arts (all) by using the iPad . Not offensive

MarBel67

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2024
I thought it was a brilliant, creative, and beautiful ad. I’m more sad that we have a bunch of soft, sensitive, out of touch people that feel ”offended” over the ad that Apple had to issue an apology to this small sub-set of offended individuals.
Totally agree with you view

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Totally agree with you view
Well i am sorry there are people like you who think an ad like Apples is "Quote"brilliant, creative, and beautiful end of "Quote".

Were not as you posted "Quote" small sub-set of offended individuals End of Quote.
Were the people buying their over priced products.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Something as that would surly bring a fire storm on the forums.
No it wouldn't. Nobody is complaining about squeezing the eyes from the yellow skull of that emoji, they're upset a trumpet got bent. I'm pretty sure these people are more worried about their own self image than they are about the fate of humanity.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

Also see the discussion in the news thread:

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
You can use a memory card with an iPad.
You can also easily transfer photos and files off of an iPad onto a Mac or PC

• Haha
Reactions: digitalcuriosity

waltman

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2023
The ad was not aesthetic. Also, it seems wasteful and disrespectful to destroy those tools. As an M2 iPad Pro user, iPad Pros render slow, have a limited interface, and have three hours of battery life.

Tripps9000

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2021
Oh man the horror of this add that poor little yellow ball never had a chance at a long life🥺

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I loved it. I think it’s bold and striking. The contrast between the destruction and the Sonny and Cher song was brilliant. We need this kind of risk taking in advertising. It’s very 2000s in the best possible way. My only complaint is that annoying teeny bopper voice at the end that continues to plague their pro ads. Apple should not have apologized for it. There are bigger things in the world than an iPad commercial.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Rumor is that they have also canceled the campaign for iPhone 16 where they'd use that machine to crush people with their bones cracking and organs bursting and blood squirting all over the place, and then reveals an iPhone, representing all the people you can communicate with and have memories of via the device.
I thought you were going for the AI angle at first. Crush a bunch of artists, translators, editors, etc. into an iPhone that can now replace them.

Reactions: antiprotest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.