Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Can’t stop looking how gorgeous Sierra Blue is on the pictures. Best color by far. Close second was the 5s Gold. We all knew how long we had to wait for that one lmao.
I think people said the same thing about Pacific Blue last year. Let’s see if it tops PB color.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
Can’t stop looking how gorgeous Sierra Blue is on the pictures. Best color by far. Close second was the 5s Gold. We all knew how long we had to wait for that one lmao.
I think it’s the best color in the 13 line up. I was also a big fan of the mint green and purple 12’s and I currently own the green iphone 11...and the blue XR before that. I like colors on phones. Can’t say I like any of these 13 non-pro colors though.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I'm upgrading from a Pacific Blue 12 Pro Max to a Sierra Blue 13 Pro Max. The Pacific Blue in person doesn't completely look like the images on Apple's site, the same goes for the 11 Pro Midnight Green. The Sierra Blue looks really good and was a nice surprise when it made its appearance at the event.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I think it’s the best color in the 13 line up. I was also a big fan of the mint green and purple 12’s and I currently own the green iphone 11...and the blue XR before that. I like colors on phones. Can’t say I like any of these 13 non-pro colors though.
I’m just talking about pro max/plus colorway lulz… basically the top tiers

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Maybe I am missing the hype here but I don't see the big lure with the Sierra Blue aside from its the new color. Obviously all personal preference, it just seems a little girly. Its one of those instances where it may very well look better in person than the press photos. I look forward to the hands on reviews in the upcoming days prior to making my decision. Regardless of choice of color, I hope you all enjoy your phones!

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
As soon as they opened the video with that color, I said YUP, THATS THE ONE I AM GETTING lol. I have the 12 Pro Max in Gold, and the 11 Pro Max I had in green, so this Friday I am going with the blue.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Sierra blue looks like baby blue. I want to like it but... not sure :)
I feel the same - it's just not quite doing it for me and my first thought was baby blue. I know I sound a bit old fashioned but there's definitely something more feminine in this blue colour. Unfortunately, for me personally, that kind of corners towards graphite which just seems rather pedestrian in colour choice. Last year the Pacific blue was an easy choice but this Baby blue colour not so much. Oh well, it's all subjective and rather a first World problem.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I feel the same - it's just not quite doing it for me and my first thought was baby blue. I know I sound a bit old fashioned but there's definitely something more feminine in this blue colour. Unfortunately, for me personally, that kind of corners towards graphite which just seems rather pedestrian in colour choice. Last year the Pacific blue was an easy choice but this Baby blue colour not so much. Oh well, it's all subjective and rather a first World problem.
Well, Being a 49 Year Old man, I am secure in my sexuality I guess cause I do not care and I am getting it cause its a beautiful color lol.

mattfro

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Well, Being a 49 Year Old man, I am secure in my sexuality I guess cause I do not care and I am getting it cause its a beautiful color lol.
That is the correct way to do it... But on picture it does not give the "I want that color". But maybe in real life it looks better. I think the other colors are booring, that's the only reason why I still might get the blue even if I'm not sure if I really like it or not. And ofcourse...If I don't like it, there are covers ;)

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
For me, it's really tough to tell if the Sierra Blue is as baby blue as it looks on the Apple website or if it does appear to be darker, in person. I'm not a fan of how it looks like on Apple's website. Looks dull, but then in the promo videos it looks better.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK

Yeah, my wife would shoot me for making such a comment about the colour but it kind of is how I see it in my minds eye. Same as Champagne Gold, always seen that as either more bling or feminine whilst Graphite very much masculine. Appreciate it might sound like an archaic viewpoint, totally self aware of that, but hey ho, just saying it based on initial impressions. Still haven't ruled the Baby Blue colour out as it may just be the renders but it's just not an immediate winner for me. Also thinking of resale value come next year as I suspect the blue will split opinion.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, my wife would shoot me for making such a comment about the colour but it kind of is how I see it in my minds eye. Same as Champagne Gold, always seen that as either more bling or feminine whilst Graphite very much masculine. Appreciate it might sound like an archaic viewpoint, totally self aware of that, but hey ho, just saying it based on initial impressions. Still haven't ruled the Baby Blue colour out as it may just be the renders but it's just not an immediate winner for me. Also thinking of resale value come next year as I suspect the blue will split opinion.
Luckily resale is not ever on my mind as I am on the Apple Upgrade Program so every September I just send it back to Apple anyway lol.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Luckily resale is not ever on my mind as I am on the Apple Upgrade Program so every September I just send it back to Apple anyway lol.
I sometimes wonder wether to jump on the upgrade plan bus but resale seems to make better financial sense - that's if you can be bothered with the hassle of dealing with the huge number of scammers that potentially may defraud you which is a genuine worry.

• Love
Reactions: mel823 and C7 POWER

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008

The old version of me would pretty much burn you for making such a comment. However, you like everyone here, including myself, are free to have that opinion :)

I kindly disagree. I think its a great color. I love blue but there are shades I do not like of blue. PB was one of them. It was an OK color just too tilted towards the green end for me.

I don't think any color is feminine. I think that's something people learn/get ingrained into them socially. People can like any and every color, male, female, neutral, non binary. It doesn't need to be linked to your gender or sexuality. It's a personal preference and something you like.

As I grow older, I don't give 2 ?'s what people think of me or my things. It's what I like and want. ?

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
I quite like it because it's new but reminds me health sister clothes :(
istockphoto-614024236-1024x1024.jpg
composite-image-smiling-nurse-writing-against-beige-66225485.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.