Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camarillo Brillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
Trying to decide between black or white for the iPhone se.

I have a white iPhone 7 now. I was planning to get black next even though I have always liked the white front for some reason. Ready for a change but not ready to give up Touch ID.

But now I see that on the new SE both black and white have black front bezels.

Did anyone get the white/black se? Do you like it?

Reactions: verito81

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
I got the White SE, as like basic great guy said, it gives a modern stylistic look more in line with the iPhone 11 series. Now in London, life is getting back to normal, and I have been on the tube a few times (metro), and some people stare at my iPhone SE as they not quite sure to make of it (They see the white back and centred Apple logo, thinking it’s a iPhone 11 then see black bezels and Touch ID button on the front!).

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
White is popular as it matches many cases and looks clean.

I'd go with white because black attracts heat on sunny days. In my mind a white device would reflect abd therefore remain cooler. That's my thought process anyway.

Reactions: Camarillo Brillo

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I got white and really like it. It looks really good in my black/white checked Loopy case, but a black would look great in that case as well.

A few of us got SEs, and we each have a different color. The only color I don’t love is the red (it’s the one my grandson picked) - it’s just not as good of a red as the XR - I guess it’s more like the 11. That XR red was stunning!

My daughter got the black, and it looks great in her leopard print Loopy case.

We LOVE Loopy cases. ;-p

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I got white and really like it. It looks really good in my black/white checked Loopy case, but a black would look great in that case as well.

A few of us got SEs, and we each have a different color. The only color I don’t love is the red (it’s the one my grandson picked) - it’s just not as good of a red as the XR - I guess it’s more like the 11. That XR red was stunning!

My daughter got the black, and it looks great in her leopard print Loopy case.

We LOVE Loopy cases. ;-p
Had my iPhone 7 when I was last on ios in red and I loved it very much.. If that phone had a better battery and camera I'd still have it now. To this day I think I should have gotten the plus because I've proved I can cope with the large device with my note 9 lol

f468b4419d562197e1c285cf73e3ab1b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.