Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rice_web

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Minot, North Dakota
Wow, I never thought this would happen to me. It's like being chosen as Geek of the Year, or something to that effect. I got an e-mail last night from Larry Edmond, an Apple employee of five years. Here's the e-mail:

Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 1:24 PM
To: #####@#######.###
Subject: Future Hardware

Hey Pete,

After chatting with you last night, I decided to ask around on the future releases of our hardware, and right now, we're shooting for a March release of the G5 PowerMac--at least that's the general 'rumor' around here. There is no word on the clock speed, though I'd personally guess 1.6Ghz or so.

Bigger than the G5 though, will be the updated iMac. No one that I asked had any real information on the iMac, except that it is going to be increasingly faster over the next few months. One person that I asked suggested that the iMac would be updated twice, once in October and again in January, but he's probably just an optimist.

Larry

Oh hell, I'm just joking with you guys. But seriously, do you remember the times that the rumor sites used to publish stuff like this? Sheesh.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
hmmm.gif

TheFink

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2002
Please get a life. The fact that you wasted time typing that makes us all feel sorry for you. If life was a keyboard, I'd suggest you control-alt-delete yourself.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by rice_web
LOL, I'm taking a sick day from school, so I've still got too much free time.

your time would be better spent learning Ancient Greek......

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Thanks for the great tip! I threw my new dual 1.25GHz G4 in the trash and I'm reloading the Apple home page every 30 seconds until they make the announcement so I can be the first to order the G5.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by pgwalsh
I think it was hilarious. Great sense of humor. Do it again!
Oh great, the bodies are starting to pile up around here like a cord of wood.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by Sun Baked

Oh great, the bodies are starting to pile up around here like a cord of wood.
I'm just glad your not Hannible, cause that's not the way I'd want to go.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
pgwalsh

At least then you'd be going in style, and would be washed down with a rather nice bottle of Chianti.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by Sun Baked
pgwalsh

At least then you'd be going in style, and would be washed down with a rather nice bottle of Chianti.
I'd feel a lot better if it was a Bordeaux. Chianti is a little lite for such an occasion.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
harsh?

Hey guys, lay off 'im.

Notice the last line?

He confessed that he made it up, and he sounded like he was reminiscing with his fellow mac-geeks.

Kinda like when you and your buds are on a camping trip and one guy says while around the campfire: "hey, remember when 'whats-his-name' did 'whatever-it-was' in high school?"

Granted, there seems allot of people who are only in high school now, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, you will ;).

-- bert :cool:

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Good joke, but knew it wasnt real from the get-go. to all that can't enjoy a good laugh "get a life" yourselves. since when did this board get so damn serious?

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
you forgot to put *** CONFIRMED *** anywhere in there.

Try sending it Mac OS Rumors for their weekly update of meaningless facts, speculation and old news. It might pep the site up a bit :D

Okay, that was cruel, I'm sure a lot of people still go there purely for the entertainment value.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.