Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
does it? :eek:

Im at work and cant download for another 4 hours, but we will probably have to wait longer than that anyway for the guys over all NullRiver to get a new installer out.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
They'll need to release an updated version of the installer for firmware 1.1.1, because right now you cannot select 1.1.1 as your firmware version with the installer. I have 1.1.1 on my phone, I assume the hacks will all be broken for now, until they figure it out again.

It will most likely be just like the iPod touch.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
They'll need to release an updated version of the installer for firmware 1.1.1, because right now you cannot select 1.1.1 as your firmware version with the installer. I have 1.1.1 on my phone, I assume the hacks will all be broken for now, until they figure it out again.

It will most likely be just like the iPod touch.

Thats what I figured too. Hmmm I dont think Im going to update for a couple days at least. Thats bad news since the iPod touch has yet to be broken. :(

bentup

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2007
San Francisco
Just upgraded to 1.1.1 and my "capacity" graph in iTunes still shows a pretty substantial chunk of "other" data (around 130 MB), so I'm guessing that everything I installed with AppTapp is still on there. I guess we just have to sit tight and hope someone can open it back up soon!

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Just upgraded to 1.1.1 and my "capacity" graph in iTunes still shows a pretty substantial chunk of "other" data (around 130 MB), so I'm guessing that everything I installed with AppTapp is still on there. I guess we just have to sit tight and hope someone can open it back up soon!

They probably are. All my songs, contacts, photos and custom backgrounds are still there even though I am not at home to have access to them to sync (on macbook at work). It looks like all the files that were on there are preserved and just the system files are updated.

- James

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Im waiting until I am 100% sure I can keep my 3rd party apps, until then im staying with 1.0.2

Altimeter88

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2006
So what is the proper/best way to update the fimware with apptapp and several applications installed? Do I need to uninstall apptapp and all the applications first before syncing and installing the 1.1.1 update?
Thanks for the help.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
So what is the proper/best way to update the fimware with apptapp and several applications installed? Do I need to uninstall apptapp and all the applications first before syncing and installing the 1.1.1 update?
Thanks for the help.

i didn't uninstall apptapp, i just plugged it up and updated. it went fine

Altimeter88

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2006
Yeah after reading some more at Gizmodo it looks like it installs fine your apps are just gone from view. I think I will hold off for a few days before updating.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
Yup, seems safest to wait until they post up an install for 1.1.1

I couldnt bear to part with my customizations.

cah87

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Same here, Apple's updates are tempting, but they just can't keep up with the 3rd party community.
hell i bet even if we can't get the old hacks on the new firmware some one might get the wi-fi store off lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.