Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Ahh..The memories....My first mac memory was when I played prince of persia on am LC. I learned how to use a mouse with mouse practice...back in the 2nd grade...ah..memories...

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Originally posted by kidA
anyone else remember odell lake?

I know I do. I wish someone would rewrite it for OS X. It seems there aren't many who played this though given the reaction I get from fellow geeks I talk to. I used to play in mid 80's on a Commodore PET computer off the TAPE DRIVE!!!

NatronB

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2002
old school....

I'm glad someone brought up "Out of this World." Revolutionary game, way ahead of it's time. I think I cried when I beat it.

We all remember choplifter, does anyone else remember the choplifter clone that game out years later... christ, I can't think of the name. Real simple resource management, to win you had to plow an a van past the enemy base. I believe the game was networkable... I know it was addictive.

The old Casady and Greene games were phenomenal, none was better than Crystal Quest. The orgasmic sigh when you beat the levels cracks me up to this day.

Best IIgs game ever: Wings of Fury.

-N

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
I'm glad someone brought up "Out of this World." Revolutionary game, way ahead of it's time. I think I cried when I beat it.

I also cried when I beat it. I took me so long. I played it on and off for about four years. I remember I would sit in front of my LC III for hours trying to get past one part. I remember getting so frustrated at parts.

Do you remember who that game was by?

Edit: newvermind, I found it, it is by Delphine software.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
I had a knockoff Laser 128EX (pretty much an Apple II underneath it all...) and used it for RoboCop and Bad Dudes. Those were sweet games on 5.25" disk(ette)s. :)

Then the one day, my mom says that no one uses it and it goes out to auction. Mere days later, we get a new TV that can hook up to the Laser's composite out. Damn those auctions!

And I must have given away the games because I recently got a IIe emulator card for the PDS slot on my LCIII with dual 5.25" drives AND the paddles, but cannot find my 5.25" disks anywhere. I found and downloaded ridiculous quantities of ROM images (250MB now that I check...) and am trying to get them to run off of the LCIII hard drive but haven't had time to really dive into it. Lots of weirdness.

The first time I booted into the emulator I got the "]" prompt and had no idea what to do with it. It had been too long...

cpjakes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.