Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse

Attachments

• iphoneimagemobileme.jpg
    iphoneimagemobileme.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 174

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
This is almost certainly a fake.

If you doubt the original images are fake... another image has been supposedly "leaked"...

The chance that one image is leaked is low, and add to that a followup image? It's just someone with photoshop and time.

arn

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
both look similar,,,,, maybe there both real... i liked the ichat mobile thing.

there both real

Attachments

• ichat_mobile.jpg
    ichat_mobile.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 131

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
the ichat mobile thing was a fake as it was proved. however, i'd say it's pretty obvious that this pic is fake because of its advertising format (i don't believe someone could leak a finished commercial or that apple could keep it like that), but that's not the point. the thing is that it's a cool concept (although a touchscreen is irrelevant) and that its near apple style. i'd buy it.

ecksmen

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2006
It's a fake for sure.

Lets assume that it's not a touch screen - there would be a picture of the stylus for a start, also the screen would be bigger and then therefore remove the need for the what looks like "tackpad" bit on the lower half.

Keeping the above in mind, why would they layout the keyboard Alphabetically but in the style of a touchscreen.

No one would ever bother to lay it out like that if it wasnt a touch screen. If you are supposed to scroll through letters using the touchpad, they also wouldn't show you the whole keyboard all the time. It certainly wouldn't take up rows. If anything it would be like the dock with zoom over the selected letter.

It's a complete fake.

Its just too inconsistent for apple.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
If that was the iPhone I would not be upset for not saving up and waiting to buy it... I would not like something like that...

Brayden87

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2006
Australia
wow, it looks so yuck!! i mean, i wouldn't want one of those, mp3 or no mp3 its a waste of money either way. Why aren't apple just happy with the ipod instead of going further on this iphone.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I have to agree that that is one ugly phone. Not nearly as elegant as I would expect from Cupertino. It looks like a giant Front Row remote.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
I just hope its not white like the dang iPod. Sure the iPod was great and all but break away... man oh man... I hate how every stupid iPhone guess is an iPod... I'm tired of the iPod... How about Apple come out with something that looks super professional something to go along with the Pro users. Come out with an iPhone that is all white and plasticy and goodie gum drops. But please Apple come out with an actually nice, sleek, elegant, and sexy phone... Make me stop in awe when I pull my iPhone out (like they all do when I pull my MBP out).

Didn't mean to sound like I was being rude. More of a mad because nothing is on TV and Saturday Night Live hasn't been funny in say what 5 years maybe more?

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Here is a pic from Looprumors.com that shows a supposed ad for the phone. It is consistent with the latest rumors about it, so you'll never know I guess.

If it really is the new phone I am kind of disappointed with the design. Just nothing innovative. Not sure if I would get that. Would depend on what it does I think (integration of iCal, address book, etc.)
[/URL]

Dude its obviously a fake, but if iit wasnt, are you serious about it having nothing innovative? What phone have you ever seen with a trackpad for an input device??

I guarantee the real iPod phone will look much more traditional than this design.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
can I just remind all of us that apple doesn't have rights to the name iPhone? listen, I doubt it's coming out. apple has never been into subscription based products. also, the phone market is really crowded. it already has lots of great stuff. the macintosh made computers easy to use. the iPod did the same for MP3 players. there are already lots of easy to use multimedia phones. just an opinion though, I'll never say never...

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
can I just remind all of us that apple doesn't have rights to the name iPhone? listen, I doubt it's coming out.

Apple doesn't have the rights in the US. It does elsewhere.

And if it's not coming out, prepare to see their stock plummet. This phone has become an expectation, and not just among the faithful, but among the media and the stockholders.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Would look cool but I think it's fake. It looks like the other fake that was posted before.

We'll just have to wait until Apple releases the actual iPhone...it won't even be named iPhone. Maybe iPod Phone or somethin like that.

dlowe402

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2006
No thanks!

I think the trackpad idea would be a big mistake! I certainly would not buy it. what a pain in the rear to dial, text msg, or pretty much anything for that matter. I have several macs including the MB i'm typing on now and have been an avid Apple afficianado for many, many years, and I cant imagine that they would put out such a poorly thought out design. I think it would be clumsier than my Treo650 which, if they do it right, I would dump in a second for an Apple product. It has to be as cool and easy to use as an iPod!

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
It looks like a clean design. But I agree with y'all that it makes no sense how that would function with a trackpad. fake du jour. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.