Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
That’s what I think.
After trying it out, people will look at it in the same new way they looked at touch screens after trying out the first iPhone (except nobody will be able to buy it before a couple of years…).

In this case, it will be impossibile to “understand” it without trying it out.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
Certainly the screen and I also think the weight/profile of the device will be big factors here. Just looking at the Meta Quests makes my head hurt.

Reactions: bobthebuilderissus

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
You called it. Yeah the 4K display is a big deal and justifies the $3500 price tag, but god damn that is still much. But hey if I had to choose between getting a Pro Display XDR or this, I'd get this.

I'll bet the consumer model when that eventually comes will be 1080p

Reactions: zakarhino

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Intriguing that it will use micro OLED. Thought micro LEDs might be ready for primetime by now but guess they will probably be in Gen 2. One oddity is the external displays on the glass that project "your face". I'm sure they are traditional low res LCD/LED backlight. Looked a little creepy and I bet in person it will be even more so.

ader42

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2012
You called it. Yeah the 4K display is a big deal and justifies the $3500 price tag, but god damn that is still much. But hey if I had to choose between getting a Pro Display XDR or this, I'd get this.

I'll bet the consumer model when that eventually comes will be 1080p
No chance, when Apple went to Retina displays they didn’t also make low-res cheap alternative crap.

Price for the tech will come down but not until 2025 at earliest.

Reactions: rcappo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.