Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaronie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Hey now, I'm sure many of you are familiar with being unable to DISABLE the badge notification for Settings, for an iOS update prompt.

Not a fan.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
i upgraded before it got around to putting a badge on Settings so i didn't see it.
as a person who makes sure all badges are turned off for any notification other than phone/Face Time calls, that would be really annoying to see it i am sure.

Reactions: macaronie

macaronie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
It appears that if the update download is deleted, the Settings app itself is eventually cleared of a notification badge, for anyone keeping score.

Reactions: JM

macaronie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Ohhh. Ok.
Mostly what he said, but I've always updated -- my reasoning now is that I've worked hard to have my devices the way I want and a new update will change things, and make it slower. Same logic with my mac atm. I don't need a new file system or unfied picture identification as much as I need steady software and familiarity.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
What iPhone do you have?

FWIW, my mom, who's 61 and not rather techy, told me her iPhone 6s is a lot faster a couple of days after the update. I also updated my old 6 and used it for a few days and it ran great with no major issues. There are a few minor design and animation issues, but that's been going on since iOS 7... right around when Scott Forstall left.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
It appears that if the update download is deleted, the Settings app itself is eventually cleared of a notification badge, for anyone keeping score.
Yep! Mine just disappeared. Thanks for that tip. I deleted the download (it was 1.3 or 1.6 GB).

Now, just as long as I put it in airplane mode when I charge, then no automatic download ever.

Reactions: macaronie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.