Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpd115

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
It doesn't come with a stylus, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

http://tenonedesign.com/stylus.php

There you go. Now you just need to find the best app to use to take notes and do your diagrams.

As far as multitasking? It exists for Apple apps which I would assume would include the iWork suite.

So yes, you should be able to launch a song on the iPod app, move into Pages, start typing, switch to Safari, research and copy/paste what you need and move back into pages without missing a beat.

They need to extend this to 3rd party apps, and I'm sure it's coming soon.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
For those of you who don't understand why a stylus is important, the problem with keyboard is that you can't enter diagrams/shapes and equations with it. Mouse is definitely not comfortable for those type of inputs. A combination between keyboard/finger/stylus is the way to go here.

There are a lot of netbook makers that are trying to convert their netbooks into tablets. Some are trying to include a wacom based touchscreen with stylus input. We'll just have to see how it goes.

I wish the iPad was the one for this, but with no multitasking and stylus support, it's not the ultimate solution for students at this moment. HP Slate is better for students at this moment, especially with OneNote.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
I have said this already in many threads but multitasking would have made the iPad a definite buy for me. The OP's point about Safari and Pages is the whole reason I want multitasking on this device.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
It doesn't come with a stylus, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

http://tenonedesign.com/stylus.php

There you go. Now you just need to find the best app to use to take notes and do your diagrams.

As far as multitasking? It exists for Apple apps which I would assume would include the iWork suite.

So yes, you should be able to launch a song on the iPod app, move into Pages, start typing, switch to Safari, research and copy/paste what you need and move back into pages without missing a beat.

They need to extend this to 3rd party apps, and I'm sure it's coming soon.

We can only hope, a stylus experience on this device would be great if the software is good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.