Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fwmireault

Contributor
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I don’t see a thread yet for this so I’m starting one.

I’ve watched the three first episodes. So far I like it. I’m still torn if Dr Ike is a good man or a bad man. I can see the positive impact he has on Marty, but he seems a bit self-centered, and I have the feeling he will also abuse the kindness of Marty. What do you think?

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I don’t see a thread yet for this so I’m starting one.

I’ve watched the three first episodes. So far I like it. I’m still torn if Dr Ike is a good man or a bad man. I can see the positive impact he has on Marty, but he seems a bit self-centered, and I have the feeling he will also abuse the kindness of Marty. What do you think?

Dr Ike honestly sounds like a cult leader.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Enjoyed the first episode. I'll try the other 2 today soon, maybe today. It was decent, and I can see some potential for it.

Based on the scenes in the beginning and end, it seems something went wrong. I am curious to see how things went badly from the flashback to then.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Just watched episode 7... it's heading to a wrap...

Good to see that Marty has finally recognized who Dr. Ike is and what he's about... I really think that Marty felt bad for what Ike made him do to Miriam... and the fact that Ike ignored Marty while he was in the hospital have triggered Marty's response... interesting that Bonnie has been quite sympathetic all along...

Reactions: gigatoaster

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I’ve enjoyed this series. I would’ve liked it to be more accurate to what happened in the podcast/real life, though. Maybe add more to the series & make it a few episodes longer.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I enjoyed the show overall, even though the beginning was slow and the middle very repetitive in the story. Fewer episodes would have been better.

Reactions: fwmireault
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.