Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B S Magnet

macrumors 601
Original poster
This is still some time down the way, but in the planning for a BGA remove-and-replace of the PPC750CX chip on my clamshell 466 (or another 466 down the way) to a PPC750CXe, this post on another thread steered me toward looking at the availability and pricing of PPC750CXe standalone chips.

Until now, I'd been mostly eyeing any 600/700MHz iMac SE summer 2001s locally to show up for sale. But it may be a bit easier (and less wasteful) just to buy the chip directly.

The question, particularly if an EE-savvy member like @dosdude1 or @LightBulbFun might know, is whether there are any noteworthy considerations between different PPC750CXe chips with different part numbers — or whether these part suffixes represent something else, such as a date code or a location of manufacture. Specifically, there is a seller on ebay with new PPC750CXEJP2013 chips at a reasonable price. At the same time, there also seems to be at least fifty suffix part number variations on the PPC750CXe chip.

So basically, I'm heckin’ confused by this and left to ask you all what the significance of these variations might indicate generally?

Last edited:
Reactions: LightBulbFun
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.