Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ruonis

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2019
I have this problem too. Did you try suggested by f54da? If you have a premium account, you can attempt to login via clementine player. May be mopidy or something else. There are many spotify-related project on github. Suddenly there is something interesting for snow leopard.
Another way is virtual machine with windows or linux. On my macbook 2010 with 10.6.8 spotify works on windows 7 via parallels desktop

ojfd

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2020
FYI - Java 7 on SL

Some time ago, Wyatt Ward succeeded in compiling openJDK 7 for Snow Leopard, as he wrote somewhere at the end in this thread:

His compiled binaries saved my day on several occasions and I've been running that Java 7 alongside Apple's Java 6 on all of my SL machines ever since.

At the time of posting, he put his binary on bintray.com, but that repo is long gone.
The repo was called j2sdk-bundle-x86_64-u60-b19-20140622.tar.bz2

If someone needs it, you should probably try to find a way to contact him. I've tried to find his email, but I couldn't.
I also don't feel I should upload his work anywhere without his permission. ;)

Reactions: B S Magnet
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.