Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
The VR experience gets better every day. This is a world like no other, a real trip into an artificial landscape filled with real people from all around the globe. I don’t do gaming, and came to VR strictly for social contact.

I use 'AltspaceVR ‘ a totally free app with no connection to Facebook. So far there are about 85 virtual worlds to visit at no cost. You can run, walk, and even fly as you investigate these strange and comfortable worlds. You ,with your avatar, will meet interesting people you will want to talk to often.

VR is much like our forums here on MR, only better. You see a person standing before you ,talking with both their own voice and body language. Within minutes , in your minds eye, that avatar is transformed into a real person, which of course he/she is. LOL.

There are many interesting half hour, class room discussions to be found here, usually attended by10-20 people. afterwards some of us just hang around and talk. I like this setting best of all , as we have many common interests.

Here is the Allspace site. unfortunately none of this stuff will run on Macs. You can run in 2D on most modern Windows computers, but you will need a high end gaming machine to hit "state of the art “ game levels in VR and, at present you will be wired.

Or you can get a Quest (OQ) ,no computer needed, and join us in this new world. My screen name in Altspace is ‘Jack’ say hello and lets talk. (Just click on my avatar and you will see my name in a box above my head). Best regards to all. a

Last edited:

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
I missed the AltspaceVR link. I'll try again here.

I do have mixed feelings about Altspace. It seems too good to be true. Enjoy, but watch-Um.;)

I can be found most mornings at the "Campfire", but I don't stay too long as I get enough snow right here where I live. LOL a2

https://altvr.com/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.