Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
long post i'll try to keep it brief as i can

4.1 was great OS for my iphone 4, but occasionally had sticky home button
installed on it
- lockinfo
- Fakeclockup
- longitude
- Bosspaper
- shrink
- cleanstatus
- popup blocker
- recent delete
- weather icon
- sbssettings
- five dock
- grid lock
- Remove Recents (springboard app activated with activator)

upgraded to 4.3.1
used all the same stuff, got the sticky home button again but much worse, more frequent very annoying.
uninstalled cleanstatus - five dock - bosspaper. Added springtomize and added winterboard + some gimmicky animated lock screen.. still had worse sticking home button + battery life bad (understandably)

upgraded to 4.3.2 a week later.
im only running;

Longitude
iblank (replaced gridlock)
Springtomize (replaced a lot of above tweaks)
Popup blocker
Recent Delete
Shrink
weather icon
sbsettings
Remove background (sbs only push button)

(no more lockinfo :(, no grid lock, no bosspaper, no fancy lock screen, no clean status, no fivedock, no 'activated' remove recents, no fakeclockup)

4.3.1 was not very kind to my phone, it was really buggy. although i had a lot installed on it for that week.

it was painful doing two restores and 'setting up as new' twice in two weeks but thus far with 4.3.2 things seem stable and most importantly i have NOT had a sticking home button. (finds wood to knock on)

my gut tells me it was either Lockinfo (sadly enough) or Remove Recents, hard to say but trimming things down seems to have fixed it with the upgrade.

Last edited:

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
It's a great news that your sticky button issue is resolved BUT I think the sticky button issue is hardware issue (Personal opinion). I too have sticky button issue.

Apart from sticky button, since 4.3.1 I have started seeing stuttering and slowness in my JB Phone iP4.

I have 4.3.2 now and I still see that issue.

I have removed cleanstatus because that's the last thing I installed. Let's see how it goes. I will start uninstalling 1 JB tweak at a time.

Last edited:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm from the software camp. Seems to me my home button works fine when I first restore my phone, but as soon as I re-jailbreak I start noticing problems with it. I was always pointing the blame at the most likely candidate: Activator.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
I'm from the software camp. Seems to me my home button works fine when I first restore my phone, but as soon as I re-jailbreak I start noticing problems with it. I was always pointing the blame at the most likely candidate: Activator.

Yeah, I agree that it's most likely Activator. I remember back on 4.1 I had the same issue and one specific Activator update fixed it for good. Now on 4.3.1 it's back again. Sucks because Activator is such a necessity for me.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Wonder why we dont have more people reporting it then? I certainly dont have a problem. I tend to be more of a set it and forget it with my jailbreak stuff though, i dont theme/skin or constantly play with things.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
it could be activator does this only when combine with something else.

in between my restores, i uninstalled activator as well as Remove Recents. along with activator a lot of other big dependencies went away too. After that, the home button seemed to not stick again. I restored and set up as new the next day, leaving out what i wrote in the OP, and thus far have not had a home button issue...even while having activator installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.