Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Around
I had The Suicide Squad as a recent buy, but I didn’t buy it. I don’t even have a receipt for it too in my emails, so I can’t even return it. I am on the family sharing, but it’s listed under me and no one else, so it shows I purchased it. Anyone have this happen to them before?

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Sign into your AppleID and see when it was purchased.
Are you in the US and have Movies Anywhere linked up to other services that you may share? If so could someone else have purchased or redeemed it elsewhere so has flowed through to your account?

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Around
Sign into your AppleID and see when it was purchased.
Are you in the US and have Movies Anywhere linked up to other services that you may share? If so could someone else have purchased or redeemed it elsewhere so has flowed through to your account?
I do have movies anywhere, but no credit card attached, so no one can buy anything anyways (no one has access to it also).
I’ll sign into my Apple ID and look. I forgot about that.

edit: it says it was purchased on Movies Anywhere, but I don’t have an CC hooked up and just my iTunes account is attached to it. I did a test and see what I do to purchase a movie, it asks me to selelet a retailer, (I just have iTunes attached) and it took me to iTunes to buy it.

Last edited:

OverTheHill

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2021
You probably redeemed a code to ma and it ported to iTunes.

Suicide Squad is movie that automatically ports to connected retailers.
I have couple of movies that I never purchased. Maybe some kind of error when linking to movies anywhere.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Around
I didn’t get changed, so I’m not too worried. I did change my password again just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.