Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
I've used white or gold iPhones for the past years, and this year, unhappy with the pastel colors of the 15 series, I went for the black.

Now here's a public service announcement for those considering the black phones: With a case on, you can easily see dust collecting around the rim, between the case and the edge of the phone. The non-black phones have a lighter colored border around the edge that hides dust better.

I don't think I'll be going for an all-black phone again.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I have the black and blue titanium this year, always went with gold previously. I carry a moist cloth with me every day and clean my iPhone several times a day. Not just for dust or lint, but fingerprints also. The matte / anti-glare glass screen protector I use hides fingerprints better, but some smudging appears. I simply wipe it away and my iPhone stays clean all year long with daily maintenance. I also have multiple cases that I’ll change out randomly as well, I get bored with the same case for too long.

• Wow
Reactions: geta and janeauburn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.