Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ariasu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Or at least I'm hoping someone knows how to fix it.

Problem:

Had Ipod Touch (3rd or 4th Gen.) Had lots of music on there, and that's all I really used it for. Got lost one day taking a walk and never found it. Bought a second one and went to Find my Phone to remotely lock the first one. Had no service, and didn't think it would survive wet grass or outside elements but locked it down anyways. I only added 80% of the music back in new one.

Fast forward, wanted to get married, so family angry, had to leave home. Wasn't allowed to take anything with me. Only grabbed what I could carry, but pc was out of the question. received email about a lost ipod and claimed my old one back. Soon as I charged it and connected it to the internet it locked me out like it's supposed to.

I do not have the passcode. It's written down on a notepad document on my old pc. Family will not talk to me let alone allow me to recover any files from computer (was told that despite me having a password on pc, it was broken into and 'encryped' so I could never 'break in and steal pc back') Since this computer is gone, I cannot back up or restore anything on the iTunes I originally have.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I can do it wipe it clean and lose what I have in there.

What I was trying to get back was my Christmas music. That's it. =/

-Plugging it into my new pc now just reveals an 'empty' folder. Yes I clicked 'view hidden files and folders'
-Ipod just says 'Press Home to update' and asks for password.
-Plugging it into Itunes, forcing ipod into restore mode to update does not update the ipod.
-Siri will not talk to me.
-Tried various 3rd party software to view ipod like hard drive, but they can't see it.

If anyone knows some sort of backdoor hack-y way of getting my music files back that would be amazing. I just can't believe Sony and Gov servers can be hacked into but not an ipod touch =/.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.