Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
Curious , Which system did you use to compile ?
G4. Sonnet Dual 1.8 GH is
@pipetogrep You are correct the TenFourFox_build is indeed a standalone.app. I'm just use to building firefox varients using ./mach build, ./mach run, and ./mach package (the proper way). I forgot TFF uses a non-standard procedure. My bad. Carry on. :)

@Melchieor My slowest G5. 1.6ghz single cpu w/4gb ram.
understood. I’d love to learn how to start compiling ArcticFox and other variants soon. Could you point me to any docs?

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Unfortunately they do. It's their product, their website, their docs. They can do whatever they want with it.
I suppose, but with wayback machine the docs will always be there. They can’t stop that. Back in 2000 when I browsed the internet on OS 9, I ran into their site by chance and at the time they stated their goal was to archive from mid 1999s the web and beyond. They were right :)

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

due to an issue elsewhere in macrumors, I was I. Time out for a week - did I miss anything with regards to any new tenfourfox information ?

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
Good news! We now have a functioning Leopard version of the toolkit! Thanks @kencu for pointing me in the right direction.

Do note that builds created on Leopard will not work on Tiger. I'm not sure why that is as the compile flags and config options target 10.4 but right now I'm just happy that it works.

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
I have a script for that made you can use. I just modified your TFF script. It's linked at the bottom of interwebs main github page. :)
I'm thrilled that you're using it! You may want to update to the latest version. It has some fixes since I release that one. For example, it will try an infinite number of times and ask if you want to try again on failure and it now handles applying patches to allow it to build on Leopard.

Reactions: wicknix

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
Good news! We now have a functioning Leopard version of the toolkit! Thanks @kencu for pointing me in the right direction.

Do note that builds created on Leopard will not work on Tiger. I'm not sure why that is as the compile flags and config options target 10.4 but right now I'm just happy that it works.

Does it work on Snow Leo (PPC)?

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
One more update. I updated the packages for the Tiger version. It includes updates for all included Macports. I also reduced the download size for both the Leopard and Tiger version by about 1GB by clearing out the build cache and distfiles.

pipetogrep

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2021
What are the rules on editing the original post in this thread? It looks like I can't anymore.

NM. I see that posts have a time limit of 262800 mins which is about 182.5 days. I was hoping to post future updates to the original post.

Last edited:

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Try making the first post a WikiPost (anyone will be able to edit it then though). This should get rid of the time limit. I can edit WikiPosts made three years ago.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.