Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have the FiiO BTR5, and it bigger brother the BTR7. These devices have forever changed the way I listen to my iPhones. Using my Etymōtic ER4SR's or my Shure SE425's I have better quality sound than I would if I could directly plugged the earphones into the iPhone 14 Pro Max. The Q15 is going to take it to the next level. The BTR7 almost has enough power to use easy to drive headphones like my AKG 240 MkII's the Q15 has much more power and in the description says it can power the most difficult to drive headphones, note I said headphones not earphones. For the first time with a iPhone 15 and its USB-C connection you will be able to plug the Q15 directly into the iPhone for a direct digital stream. this will be a real game changer. The Q15 is not listed on Amazon yet it is for sale at Aliexpress for $399.99. For me it is not going to be worth getting one until I upgrade to an iPhone with a USB-C connection. It has a coaxial digital port on it which will make it great using it at a workstation were you can plug it into something directly. A nifty feature it shares with my BTR7 if you are plugged directly into a source with power you can turn off the internal battery thus saving its charge, or you can leave it switched in and charge that battery. This feature is designed for portable devices setup to recharge stuff plugged into them.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 07.26.59.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.