Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
I just thought of something.

Since the weather app displays the current weather info right on the homepage, then im pretty sure you will need an unlimited data plan, because the weather will need to update

Dataquest

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
And I think this is also the case for all of the "Wigdets". They would need an almost constant stream of data.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
I think the widgets will connect and refresh when you display them, not continuously, much like Dashboard.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
i don't, i think they will regularly update, because if they jsut did it when you clicked on them, why would it display the temperature?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I just thought of something.

Since the weather app displays the current weather info right on the homepage, then im pretty sure you will need an unlimited data plan, because the weather will need to update

It could store the data and get it when a connection is available - its not like the phone is going to freeze up and die if you are out of range. Most likely it will use the last downloaded data and just display.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I believe the weather icon is static (i.e. it does not update according to the current weather).

They're talking about the actual information within the widget itself (in this case, weather), not the icon associated with a particular widget - so the information in regards to the weather is always going to be constantly updating. :confused:

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
well all the static pictures show the weather widgit with the temperature at 73 degrees, thats kinda weird

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.