Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This upgrade that im doing on the late 2009 MacMini is turning out to be a "i shouldn't have tried to make the upgrade" situation. After managing make the SSD upgrade and managing to install ElCap... now the WiFi doesn't seem to be able to find the available Networks that are closeby. My Imac can find them.
Dark thoughts came to my mind... maybe i destroyed something when i was attempting the SSD upgrade? But no, i was very carefull... what could of gone wrong... its very strange... what do you think i should be looking for?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
On the other hand might the late2009 mini not have Airport hardware?

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Are you able to connect it to a LAN and then reload the OS (a clean install of the OS)?

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Maybe I am confused. Is the issue with your Mac Mini related to the WIFI not working?

Based on that, my suggestion is to use a LAN, to thus get online and then reload the OS, possibly to prior to said update. That might help, no?

If I have misunderstood, ignore my post/suggestion...

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Ur not confused but I do don’t understand what do you mean by reloading the OS… how?

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Ah. I suggest backing up your data to a drive or a cloud service. Then Google the steps to reinstall the OS.

In short, reloading the OS will hopefully put you back to prior doing the OS update.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Glad to see a happy ending.
Ah. I suggest backing up your data to a drive or a cloud service. Then Google the steps to reinstall the OS.

In short, reloading the OS will hopefully put you back to prior doing the OS update.
Even with your recent Mac woes, it is good to see you still in the trenches trying to be of help. My respect to you, sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: circatee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.