Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
After the morning walk…

2022-04-01 08.18.35.jpg

iPhone 6s+ and Aftershokz Aeropex. Over the ear, bone conduction, crisp and clear sound with your ears still free to hear your environment.

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
i used to have the OpenComm. Overall perfect for calls but dislike how people look at me like im a criminal.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
i used to have the OpenComm. Overall perfect for calls but dislike how people look at me like im a criminal.
Had to look that up. I'm new to AfterShokz (about a year now), which is now Shokz.

The OpenComm looks like the Aeropex with a boom mic. I don't see how that would make anyone look like a criminal, but I'm not you and not where you are. The Aeropex has a built in microphone. I can answer calls with it.

I have yet to be asked what I'm wearing though. I suppose people think it's some sort of over ear headset. Where I live most people are in their own bubbles.

Reactions: Spetsgruppa

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
Had to look that up. I'm new to AfterShokz (about a year now), which is now Shokz.

The OpenComm looks like the Aeropex with a boom mic. I don't see how that would make anyone look like a criminal, but I'm not you and not where you are. The Aeropex has a built in microphone. I can answer calls with it.

I have yet to be asked what I'm wearing though. I suppose people think it's some sort of over ear headset. Where I live most people are in their own bubbles.

yes the boom mic makes me look like a criminal trying to plan a heist or something.im from Indonesia so yeah... some people thought it was a hearing aid as the reciever doesnt go into the ear. But solid headset for calls.

Reactions: eyoungren

zpjet

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2005
I had AeroPex, and I think they're a fantastic product, but I switched to Beats. I love to listen to podcasts on my runs, and whilst the AP were much more comfortable and waterproof, every passing-by car was a problem; I would miss a part of a conversation. If I ever moved to the countryside where I could run in fields. I'd happily switch back.

For now, I connected the AP to Apple TV so my kids use them when watching shows - so now we enjoy a quieter home whilst they cannot say they didn't hear a dinner call.

I am interested in using OpenComm as my work headphones for conferences.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
I had AeroPex, and I think they're a fantastic product, but I switched to Beats. I love to listen to podcasts on my runs, and whilst the AP were much more comfortable and waterproof, every passing-by car was a problem; I would miss a part of a conversation. If I ever moved to the countryside where I could run in fields. I'd happily switch back.

For now, I connected the AP to Apple TV so my kids use them when watching shows - so now we enjoy a quieter home whilst they cannot say they didn't hear a dinner call.

I am interested in using OpenComm as my work headphones for conferences.
Yeah, I'm not a runner, but I walk each morning. I live in the red light running capitol of the US (Phoenix) so hearing cars is important for me. I'm also not listening to podcasts, just streaming internet radio.

I have a pair of Beats headphones which pretty much cancel out everything except what I am listening to. I use those for isolation.

I am also using my Aeropex because my primary Mac is in the front room. It allows me to listen but still hear my wife talking to me. I'm also not annoying people with the volume that I listen at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.