Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
OK, so despite the warnings of "DO NOT TURN IT ON FOR 48 HOURS" i was confident that the milk had dried by now, *almost* 48 hours later. I put the battery back in, plugged it into the MagSafe. (and i ddin't hear anything at all so i assumed it didn't short out right there. Good sign right?) I pushed the power button and.............nothing. absolutely nothing. No CD sound, no Hard drive spinning, not even a fan.... :( i think my mbp is bricked.

...Look for me in the "Should I wait for Leopard?" threads...

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
So now i guess my concern is getting the information on the hard drive of my now ruined lappy off and onto my next mac. How should i go about doing this? Would an apple store do it for me? If not, how would i do it myself?

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
take the hard drive out and put it in an external enclosure.. usb or firewire..

you can get one off newegg for like 20 bucks

just make sure it supports 2.5'' sata drives.

emac82

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
OK, so despite the warnings of "DO NOT TURN IT ON FOR 48 HOURS" i was confident that the milk had dried by now, *almost* 48 hours later. I put the battery back in, plugged it into the MagSafe. (and i ddin't hear anything at all so i assumed it didn't short out right there. Good sign right?) I pushed the power button and.............nothing. absolutely nothing. No CD sound, no Hard drive spinning, not even a fan.... :( i think my mbp is bricked.

...Look for me in the "Should I wait for Leopard?" threads...

Why don't you try taking it in to Apple to see if they can fix it (for a fee of course), but they make be able to get it working for a lot less than buying a new one.

Drile

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
If there is absolutely no power running to the device, it shoudl be fine, because it won't short. As long as your let it dry for enough time, you'll be fine.

I have put many wired keyboards through the dishwasher to clean them, and let them dry for a few days...and they work great...

Yeah, dishwasher is actually a great way to clean them if you ever spill on them.

Saved my keyboard from a few beers.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Why don't you try taking it in to Apple to see if they can fix it (for a fee of course), but they make be able to get it working for a lot less than buying a new one.

I agree, it certainly couldn't hurt. Also, try and not kill your mom. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.