Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astorrender

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
My setup is my itunes (on my windows desktop) points to an external hard drive for all the content and plays directly from there.

My ATV is able to see all music that does not have video but gives the message "There are no music videos in this library" and shows none of my movies or tv shows in their respective places.

Has anyone else seen this?

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
My setup is my itunes (on my windows desktop) points to an external hard drive for all the content and plays directly from there.

My ATV is able to see all music that does not have video but gives the message "There are no music videos in this library" and shows none of my movies or tv shows in their respective places.

Has anyone else seen this?

Seems like your AppleTV sync'd all your music to its HD. You will need to go to Sources from the AppleTV menu and select your iTunes (should be the next item below :apple:tv) You will see your vids in movies or tv shows. The content will be streamed to the AppleTV.

astorrender

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Seems like your AppleTV sync'd all your music to its HD. You will need to go to Sources from the AppleTV menu and select your iTunes (should be the next item below :apple:tv) You will see your vids in movies or tv shows. The content will be streamed to the AppleTV.
Thanks for the response but that was not it. I don't have syncing enabled and wanted to only stream data. Any other suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.