Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Just updated today. Now when I ask Siri to play a playlist in all rooms or all speakers, I get that message. Then in a second or so, they all play as requested. lol. Every time I do this now, it give me that message there's a problem, but it plays the playlist fine on all 10 of them. Weird. Any thoughts.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Probably a temporary communication issue, meaning that the device had trouble phoning home to Apple for a moment.

I do not subscribe to Apple Music. Every time I ask Siri for a local playlist on my iPhone while driving, I get "Here's {Playlist name} on Apple Music" (no, it's on my iPhone) followed a second or two later with "There's a problem with Apple Music" (Because I disabled Cellular Data for Music).

All I want to do while driving is listen to my local playlists. Music will play, but not before treating me to 20 seconds of eye-rolling Siri comments about a service I do not use or subscribe to.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Yep, Apple can't seem to get a hold of this with Siri, HomePod and Music. It's Friday and it still does it every time, yet it plays what I ask it to after it says that response. So weird. Well till the next update then for more fun with Siri and HomePod.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
not sure if it will help, but rebooting the homepods and your router can help.

For some requests, the HomePod has to talk to your phone over the network, and occasionally routers will get bogged down with the broadcast packets that are used to do that.

one would think music requests would all be handled by the HomePod without needing your phone, but who knows what apple has done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.