Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I've never been able too use my iPhone's hotspot to a non Apple product. I tried again this morning with my S7 edge and it didn't work. It works perfectly with my apple stuff. I'm in England. Maybe it's my carrier (O2) but it's only been in the last year that I've even been able to get it to work reliably with my apple devices. However having said that I've been able to tether perfectly from my android devices on o2 in the past.
[doublepost=1470575535][/doublepost]
People have to get paid for their work e.g musicians, authors, actors etc. I like to pay for my content because I think it's the right thing to do.
Yeah strange. I've been on O2 Ireland before they were bought by Three and had no issues. Strange.

Yeah i agree, people should be paid for their work too :)

Reactions: Oohara

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I've never been able too use my iPhone's hotspot to a non Apple product. I tried again this morning with my S7 edge and it didn't work. It works perfectly with my apple stuff. I'm in England. Maybe it's my carrier (O2) but it's only been in the last year that I've even been able to get it to work reliably with my apple devices. However having said that I've been able to tether perfectly from my android devices on o2 in the past.
[doublepost=1470575535][/doublepost]
People have to get paid for their work e.g musicians, authors, actors etc. I like to pay for my content because I think it's the right thing to do.
I'm pretty sure they are getting paid ALOT wether people pay to watch it or not.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Imagine if you owned your own business and a large percentage of your product was stolen.
It's not being stolen, it's simply being shared from one server to another. Their lives aren't being affected as millions more are still paying for the service and the people who put it on their channels/DVD's are still paying them the same as if they weren't being watched.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
It's not being stolen, it's simply being shared from one server to another. Their lives aren't being affected as millions more are still paying for the service and the people who put it on their channels/DVD's are still paying them the same as if they weren't being watched.

Imagine if you owned your own business and a large portion of your product was being shared (stolen).

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Imagine if you owned your own business and a large portion of your product was being shared (stolen).
my previous point still stands

anyway this is not on topic so will get back to the S7 edge before a mod has to remove posts.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
my previous point still stands

anyway this is not on topic so will get back to the S7 edge before a mod has to remove posts.

Your previous point is wrong (but still stands). It's stealing and theft cannot be considered any less based on the fact that the artists may be already well off.

Reactions: tbayrgs and Oohara

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Your previous point is wrong (but still stands). It's stealing and theft cannot be considered any less based on the fact that the artists may be already well off.

There is a differ between tangible vs intangible. But that's a discussion for a differ thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.