Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRDGT4Writer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Classified
Hey Mac pros,

I'm running an older non-retina 2012 MBP15, 16GB RAM, 2.7GHz i7 quad-core, 1GB Nvidia 650M dGPU, Antiglare screen, and Samsung EVO 1TB SSD that's running 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. As I'm typing this, I'm getting blue and black lines on the center screen but not all the time. I've been reading on the forums and by reading a bit more, they're thinking to be a logicboard issue than a screen issue. The MBP has came back from repair after a hard drive crash and the fans have been cleaned.

I can't take a screen grab because it doesn't show up in the pics. This MBP is my baby as it's my post-production hub that I do everything on.

I just want another opinion on what it could be...

Is it something that can be repaired/replaced? Will Apple support it? If so, until when?

Thanks!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Take a picture with a camera or smartphone and upload it here.

Do you have an external monitor you can try for comparison?

As the MBP has been opened I'm also wondering if it could be a monitor cable or connection issue.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Since the lines don't appear in screenshots, the issue is probably related to the display connection cable or the display itself.

TRDGT4Writer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Classified
Screen with blue line..jpeg
Here's the picture of the blue line:
[doublepost=1498772822][/doublepost]
Take a picture with a camera or smartphone and upload it here.

Do you have an external monitor you can try for comparison?

As the MBP has been opened I'm also wondering if it could be a monitor cable or connection issue.

What's a good USB or Thunderbolt display?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.