Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
they may have just found this one too to make it look bad for him.....gates is a powerfull man afterall :eek:)

there will be problems like this at thousands of corporations, but jobs is a target right now so it fits to look at pixar as well...

on the other hand, he could just have been caught again, and that would all but end his halo and most likely end apples current high.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
If you've got a link to a story which contains some detail on these "options issues," please post it.

I'd just caught it on the TV news before I left my hotel this morning, here's a link:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/09/news/companies/jobs_pixaroptions/index.htm

Federal prosecutors in San Francisco also are looking into Pixar options, the newspaper reported, and it is also the subject of an internal Disney probe.

The paper said that the options, part of Lasseter's 2001 employment contract, carried the lowest share price of the previous year - on a date more than three months before the employment contract was actually signed.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
The biggest issue Jobs has is that he is a high profile name. A name that a good portion of people will recognize very very easily as opposed to a lot of other execs who although maybe CEOs or CIOs are really just no names to the masses.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
There's an old saying, I don't remember how it goes... But something along the lines of "The only thing people like more than watching someone become a hero is to watch a hero fall"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.