Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Problem Solved

I'm one of the disgruntled Things iPhone owners that doesn't want to pay $20 for another copy. Unfortunately the ire over the pricing is spilling over into the reviews, so I don't know if the iPad version is even worth looking into. We haven't exactly seen a lot of raves.

There's another "getting things done" to-do platform called toodledo, you might look into that. Ive been using evernote, which is free--turns out you can build todo lists within your notes.

Thanks. I looked into Toodledo and it's perfect for what I need. It synchs with the website over the air and also synchs with the 2Do app. So, I just synched everything and didn't have to retype anything to get my projects on my iPad. Again, thank you so much for mentioning it. Now I can patiently wait for 2Do for iPad and just synch everything and I'll be all...well...synched. :D

Problem solved. :apple:

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Well, I had been trying to use Evernote, but both the iPad and iPhone apps crash so much, and have such limited editing capabilities. So I did another sweep of the available apps, and it seems like not much has changed so far. 2do still doesn't have an iPad app, and Toodledo still seems like a good contender for "getting things done", plus a very reasonably priced, universal app (and cloud syncing to a website), neither of which Things has.

I sprung the $2.99 for Toodledo, and I've got a couple of questions if anyone has feedback.

-Do you use the Toodledo.com premium membership? Do you feel it's worth it?

-Does anyone use Taska as an iPad front-end for toodledo.com instead? Something about this app keeps calling my name, I think it's mostly aesthetic. But I can't get a feel for how much compatibility it actually has with toodledo.com. It would be nice if the dev site listed exactly which elements will sync.

The other problem with Taska is that, like Things, they expect you to buy both ipad and iphone apps while also not providing a good sync method. I'd been thinking of using the toodledoo app on the iPhone and taska on the iPad, with the toodledo.com in between for syncing, but that brings me back around to the question of how well taska actually works with toodledo.com.

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
I have the pro membership for toodldo and the greatest value to me is the sub-tasks. Other than that, there isn't much (for me).

I also have the Taska app and I like the looks but it is still pretty buggy. For now I'm use the iPad Toodledo app.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I have the pro membership for toodldo and the greatest value to me is the sub-tasks. Other than that, there isn't much (for me).

I also have the Taska app and I like the looks but it is still pretty buggy. For now I'm use the iPad Toodledo app.

Same story for me. Gives me sub-tasks...which I use all the time. I also use it as a backup. I NEVER actually work with Toodledo online.

Steve

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for the feedback so far. I just noticed toodledo has a free trial of the premium features, so I think I'll give that a try and see if I get addicted to subtasks.

After a few hours with the toodledo app on both iPhone and iPad, I'm fairly impressed. Unlike so many apps, it works basically the way you expect it to. And there is consistency across both the apps and the web interface--it is just about equally easy to view and add tasks from any device, even the iPhone. Evernote's device functionality was amazingly limited and very crashy. No crashses so far in toodledo on the iPad, which is downright amazing compared to some of my other apps. :)

Given the fact that this is a universal app backed up by website syncing, this definitely seems to be well worth the three bucks. Given the pricing of Things, it may even be worth grabbing before the price goes up--although they are also subsidized by their premium web memberships, so maybe that won't happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.