Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuball

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Alexandria, Virginia
I just bought three Think Different posters on eBay and they are 18 inches by 22 inches. The seller can not tell me whether they are genuine or reprints. Can someone tell me if the only genuine posters were 24 inches by 36 inches and 11 inches by 17 inches. I just joined the forum today so please excuse me if this has been discussed before.

Sly

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2003
Airstrip One
As far as I know the genuine display originals where all 24x36. Ebay is full of reprints and "ad proofs". The genuine articles sell for hundreds of dollars see http://www.redlightrunner.com As long as you didn't pay 'genuine original' prices, the prints you have are good quality and you are happy with them, that’s all that matters :)

stuball

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Alexandria, Virginia
Thanks for the help. I bought six of the original large posters back in May of 1998 and gave them to a friend. Last week I called him and asked what he did with them and he doesn't know. Probably thrown out with the trash he says. A sad story.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I've bought a few of the 18 x 22's cheap from eBay. The seller was shxxx##### (x's are letters, # are numbers). They are not real ones.

I've also bought a number of real ones. Just got a Rosa Parks beautifully framed.

I also bought these 44 buttons. Any ideas on how to display them.

Attachments

• 3d_1.JPG.jpg
    3d_1.JPG.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 155

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
rdowns said:
I've bought a few of the 18 x 22's cheap from eBay. The seller was shxxx##### (x's are letters, # are numbers). They are not real ones.

I've also bought a number of real ones. Just got a Rosa Parks beautifully framed.

I also bought these 44 buttons. Any ideas on how to display them.
great googly ! those are so cool!

I would get a few lengths of ribbon , put them all on, then put those in a shadow-box type deal.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Nice idea. I might try that. What about those wooden boxes with a lot of small compartments? Like this one. How could you mount them?

Attachments

• B0000YS9PY.01-A1CGG8PD8VKZVT._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B0000YS9PY.01-A1CGG8PD8VKZVT._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 412

Dark

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Holy Snap, My Wood Shop Teacher from 8th grade had them all of the plastered around the computer room inside the Wood Shop Room (Auto CAD stuff). You can tell there most definately orignal, also considering my entire district used to be all on Macs back in the day, you can still find some reallly old powermacs and other types in the back of my High School in a pile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.