Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
well, I remember when MM was launched and there were so many problems and people crying etc I never thought I'd consider paying for it. But I am on the free trial with my I4 and it is pretty cool. Worth $100/year I don't know but it seems like a nice interface. What are your general thoughts about the service lately? worth it?

thanx

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
well, I remember when MM was launched and there were so many problems and people crying etc I never thought I'd consider paying for it. But I am on the free trial with my I4 and it is pretty cool. Worth $100/year I don't know but it seems like a nice interface. What are your general thoughts about the service lately? worth it?

thanx
Steady improvement and well worth the $$

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
hmm I don't really NEED either of those things. I use google for all that stuff. But find my iphone is really nice too. I'll wait a month or so and decide

If you want to keep it just for the 'Find my iPhone', don't bother! I've had a recent trial and I just cancelled the thing before it expired. In rural Hampshire in the UK, my iPhone was found in a ten mile radius. That's pathetic. Should I visit all houses in the area and body-search 20.000?

Also, no PHP and MySQL? Web hosting was the main reason why I tried but it's so slow and incompetent in that...

Personally, I think it's a ripoff. Or maybe a tax on people who want basic inconvenience and minimal features for any price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.