Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tambur123

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
I am a long time Apple user, like really long time, but I’ve never had an iPhone. I currently own the AirPods Pro Max, MacBook Pro, lots of iPads including the latest and the greatest and several Apple TVs. The new iPhone 13 is going to launch in my country next week, with 13 Pro Max starting at an obscene price of €1240, VAT included.
My main concern are Google apps which I use on a daily basis. Are these applications missing any features on iPhone? Are they updated as frequent as they are on Android? Google maps works well on Apple CarPlay?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Google apps not only look better on iPhone, they also run better on iPhone, yes they get updated regularly.

At least you ain’t paying ??

5095B8A9-28F2-459A-B002-EDD06CD8B600.jpeg

Reactions: BeeGood and iCorz87

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I second that. Google apps are great on iOS and are often better optimized and polished on iPhones compared to other OEM phones. At any given time, there are relatively way fewer iPhone/iOS version combinations to optimize the apps on compared to the hundreds of phones running android on multiple versions.

CarPlay is great for iPhones and you can use Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps (my wife’s personal favorite is Waze).

Good luck!

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
As others have said, and it may sound stupid but it's true: Google Apps are better on an iPhone.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
I am a long time Apple user, like really long time, but I’ve never had an iPhone. I currently own the AirPods Pro Max, MacBook Pro, lots of iPads including the latest and the greatest and several Apple TVs. The new iPhone 13 is going to launch in my country next week, with 13 Pro Max starting at an obscene price of €1240, VAT included.
My main concern are Google apps which I use on a daily basis. Are these applications missing any features on iPhone? Are they updated as frequent as they are on Android? Google maps works well on Apple CarPlay?
I made the jump to the iPhone 12 Pro Max last year and have not regretted it. If fact. I got my iPhone 13 Pro Max Graphite 512GB Best Buy pre-order on Thursday. As far as I know, the only Google app issue where I noticed any issue was YouTube which even for Premium members didn't have PIP. Now, of course it does. Google and Apple despite their competition need each other.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I would just add that even Google One works on the iPhone. Granted, it's not a entire phone backup (just pictures and some other stuff) but if you have a Google One sub you can use the app on the iPhone.

JoJoJones

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2021
I'm am also knee deep in google services. I have an Ipad Pro and computer is windows and my current phone is a pixel 4xl. I've had one iphone in the past and it was the iPhone 6. I just jumped on my friends tmobile account and the 13pro is buy one get one free. We are going to split the cost. Couldn't pass up the deal. I'll be coming to this forum a lot I suspect. LOL

Reactions: Jetcat3

kstewart61

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2020
Apps in general are better on IOS period! Android is choppy at times where Apple is always on par never a real issue and if there is they are right on top of the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.