Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levmc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
I'm thinking of updating my Mavericks to Yosemite on my mid 2014 MBP 15'', because Dropbox and Brave browser won't work on Mavericks.

I didn't want to jump to Catalina because I want to use 32-bit apps, Not Mojave because of it's slow wake up issues, not High Sierra because of the bluetooth disconnectivity issues.

Does Yosemite also have any issues I should know about?

Last edited:

RogerWilco6502

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2019
Tír na nÓg
I'm thinking of updating my Mavericks to Yosemite on my mid 2014 MBP 15'', because Dropbox and Brave browser won't work on Mavericks.

I didn't want to jump to Catalina because I want to use 32-bit apps, Not Mojave because it slow wake up issues, not High Sierra because of the bluetooth disconnectivity issues.

Does Yosemite also have any issues I should know about?
I used Yosemite for a time and I'll tell you right now you're probably better off upping it to El Cap. More apps support it than Yosemite and I haven't had any problems with it. The only thing you lose is the good Disk Utility, but there are ways around that.
If you really want to use Yosemite, I can't think of any issues that came up in my time of using it so you should be fine. Just remember to make a backup before you upgrade in case something does go wrong or you want to switch back. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.