Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colonel179

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Hello!
I'm having an issue with my iPhone XS Max, making it the third time I am having, and I don't even know how it's possible!

I bought an iPhone 7 at launch, it was great since I was exchanging it from an iPhone 4S. However, after less than a year, I started noticing that the volume was very low to the point that I need to start using speaker to talk to the phone. Then, I noticed that when I played a video the side of the earpiece sounded very low. When I talked on the phone, the volume was very, very low.

I took it to an Apple store, and since it had warranty, they checked it, and told me that the issue was with the Phone itself. There was an issue with the some part of the hardware. They said that dust, sweat or any liquid were NOT the problem that caused it at all.

So, after many hours arguing with them, I got them to give me a brand new phone (instead of a refurbished one). Everything worked perfectly, and I could prove to many people that thought I was crazy or going deaf, that it wasn't me, but an issue with he phone. Fast Forward more than a year later, and I started having the same exact problem, but since I didn't have warranty, they wanted to charge me a lot to fix it. I decided to sell it, and I got an iPhone XS Max.

I've had this phone for 18 months, and this week, it started having the exact same problem. Now, the volume is very low again, and I need to use speaker to be able to hear something. Unlike with the iPhone 7, both speaker work well, but the earpiece when talking on the phone is very, very low.

How can it be possible to have the same problem three times across 2 different models. Is this a known issue? It's even making me considering not buying any iPhones anymore.

I read that the new iPhone (2020) will have some changes in the earpiece and speakers. Is apple doing this because they know there is a problem?

How many of you have had this problem? I checked the price to fix it on Apple website and it cost HALF of the full price of the phone! HALF!!!!!! WTF?!

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I don’t think anybody here can give you a fix for that, I think you just have to go back to Apple again. That’s the best plan as far as I can tell. Do you not have AppleCare +?

Reactions: 44267547

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Hello!
I'm having an issue with my iPhone XS Max, making it the third time I am having, and I don't even know how it's possible!

I bought an iPhone 7 at launch, it was great since I was exchanging it from an iPhone 4S. However, after less than a year, I started noticing that the volume was very low to the point that I need to start using speaker to talk to the phone. Then, I noticed that when I played a video the side of the earpiece sounded very low. When I talked on the phone, the volume was very, very low.

I took it to an Apple store, and since it had warranty, they checked it, and told me that the issue was with the Phone itself. There was an issue with the some part of the hardware. They said that dust, sweat or any liquid were NOT the problem that caused it at all.

So, after many hours arguing with them, I got them to give me a brand new phone (instead of a refurbished one). Everything worked perfectly, and I could prove to many people that thought I was crazy or going deaf, that it wasn't me, but an issue with he phone. Fast Forward more than a year later, and I started having the same exact problem, but since I didn't have warranty, they wanted to charge me a lot to fix it. I decided to sell it, and I got an iPhone XS Max.

I've had this phone for 18 months, and this week, it started having the exact same problem. Now, the volume is very low again, and I need to use speaker to be able to hear something. Unlike with the iPhone 7, both speaker work well, but the earpiece when talking on the phone is very, very low.

How can it be possible to have the same problem three times across 2 different models. Is this a known issue? It's even making me considering not buying any iPhones anymore.

I read that the new iPhone (2020) will have some changes in the earpiece and speakers. Is apple doing this because they know there is a problem?

How many of you have had this problem? I checked the price to fix it on Apple website and it cost HALF of the full price of the phone! HALF!!!!!! WTF?!

Does anybody know how to fix it?
Try accessibility-> audio/visual and check the settings.

Reactions: 44267547
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.