Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I thought we could start keeping track of third-party dynamic desktops. Might be a pretty short list for now, but anyway... hopefully it will grow in time.

EarthThumb.jpg
HIghSierraThumb.jpg
NewYorkThumb.jpg
SanFranciscoThumb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: al404

fdolbec123

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2018
Québec, Qc, Canada
Hi!

I thought we could start keeping track of third-party dynamic desktops. Might be a pretty short list for now, but anyway... hopefully it will grow in time.

Thank you very much, I was looking for something like this!

I'm just wondering, where do they get the pictures and data for the sun? Because from what I tried, it's a little creepy and incomplete...

Francis :)

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I'm just wondering, where do they get the pictures and data for the sun? Because from what I tried, it's a little creepy and incomplete...
Not entirely sure I understand the question. :p Does this blog post in any way help answer your question? In any case, here's another wallpaper (from that very blog post):
1B_aqmUA.jpeg

fdolbec123

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2018
Québec, Qc, Canada
Not entirely sure I understand the question. :p Does this blog post in any way help answer your question? In any case, here's another wallpaper (from that very blog post):
View attachment 794036

Ha ha ha! I have already seen that blog post... :) What I try to explain is that I don't know where on the internet I can take the 16 photos that I could use to create a new dynamic wallpaper. (I asked by email to the support of 24hr Wallpaper and they gave me the answer that they take the pictures themselves...)

For the data of the sun, I'm just not able to find a website that give me the full and precise data that I need. Some give part of the data (ex.: from 7 am. to 7pm.) others are just too difficult to understand how their site are working... If I compare the data that each site can give me, there nothing that is very similar from site to site...

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Ha ha ha! I have already seen that blog post... :) What I try to explain is that I don't know where on the internet I can take the 16 photos that I could use to create a new dynamic wallpaper. (I asked by email to the support of 24hr Wallpaper and they gave me the answer that they take the pictures themselves...)

For the data of the sun, I'm just not able to find a website that give me the full and precise data that I need. Some give part of the data (ex.: from 7 am. to 7pm.) others are just too difficult to understand how their site are working... If I compare the data that each site can give me, there nothing that is very similar from site to site...

Yeah, the manual work necessary to create dynamic desktops yourself is not to be underestimated. I actually ended up buying the 24 Hour Wallpaper app mentioned in my original post after downloading their free sample wallpapers. The app comes with a wide selection of gorgeous high-resolution 24 Hour scenes and will export true Mojave-compatible Dynamic Desktops so you don't need to keep the app running in the background. I'm not affiliated with the app or its creators whatsoever, just to be clear. But I'm enjoying it a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.