Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mannina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
I just returned from the Apple store/ Genius bar and they could not solve my problem. Please have a look. I'm beginning to think this may not be possible. But if this is not possible why do I get the test tones (see end of message)

I am trying to get multi channel audio through either my MacBook 2015 (12.6 Monterey) or a brand new Mac Mini running the latest OS into my Anthem AVM 70 processor through HDMI.

On both Macs I accessed the audio devices tab of the audio midi setup, but was unable to activate the multi channel volume sliders. They do not appear blue. However, I am able to get stereo Sound.

Thinking the AVM 70 might be the problem I tried to connect my Focusrite Scarlet Using the audio midi setup audio devices. Unfortunately, I got the same results. The volumn sliders were not blue / not active.

Thinking this might be a software problem. I went to the scarlet website. And read that the “Scarlet interface is a class compliant device, which means that you do not need to install anything to use it on a Mac.”

Curiously in the Audio midi devices window when selecting the configure speaker tab, for both the AVM 70 and the scarlet I am able to get test tones on all 8 channels in the AVM 70 and both channels in my scarlet so a signal is getting through to all of the channels Any help on this would be greatly appreciate

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.