Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
Thanks to everyone here. I've managed to upgrade my two iMacs from Mojave to Catalina, after resetting PRAM and d/loading the installer from the app store.
Now, to see if I can upgrade my MacBook Pro back from Monterey. :/

BaltimoreMediaBlog

Suspended
Jul 30, 2015
DC / Baltimore / Northeast
Thanks to everyone here. I've managed to upgrade my two iMacs from Mojave to Catalina, after resetting PRAM and d/loading the installer from the app store.
Now, to see if I can upgrade my MacBook Pro back from Monterey. :/

This assume that you can download Catalina directly from Apple. Most cannot. The Patcher is clearly downloading the wrong or incompatible version to the patches in my uneducated opinion. I'll try PRAM, but I doubt that alone will solve my problem.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
This assume that you can download Catalina directly from Apple. Most cannot. The Patcher is clearly downloading the wrong or incompatible version to the patches in my uneducated opinion. I'll try PRAM, but I doubt that alone will solve my problem.
It might help if you tell us what happens when you try to download - then what happens when you try the download that you actually get.(?)
Can you make a bootable installer from the download? You would need to do that to make a patched installer, I expect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.