Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thompson11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
I beg to differ, Lion installer — seeing as I'm currently booted on that disk.

Any ideas? I've tried using Repair Disk from Disk Utility, still the same result.

Several months ago I used Paragon's CampTune to resize my Bootcamp partition. I have a nasty feeling that the program fracked up my boot sector.

screenshot20110720at102.png

ThoseGrapefruit

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Exact same thing happened to me, however I never used CampTune. I have a BOOTCAMP partition and it gave me the same message for Macintosh HD. I believe it has something to do with the swap partition; I think that Lion wants extra space for this swap, or perhaps the built-in recovery disk as well. My solution was to go into Disk Utility, reduce the size of the Macintosh HD by about 10-15 gb and clicking "Apply". If this doesn't work for you, try some of the other things that people have done: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3189387

Hope I could be some help! :)

thompson11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Exact same thing happened to me. I believe it has something to do with the swap partition; I think that Lion wants extra space for this swap, or perhaps the built-in recovery disk as well. My solution was to go into Disk Utility, reduce the size of the Macintosh HD by about 10-15 gb and clicking "Apply". If this doesn't work for you, try some of the other things that people have done: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3189387

Hope I could be some help! :)

I deduced the same problem/solution and managed to get OS X installed just a little while before your post.

For those searching, I ended up just shrinking the Macintosh HD partition by 1gb and that was enough to solve this issue. I saw somewhere that the Recovery partition was about 600-700mb, so I think around a gigabyte should be perfect.

Glad you were able to get it fixed too!

MobiusStrip

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Disk Utility’s Partition button is greyed out for my sole internal drive, which I just formatted as HFS+ with Disk Utility. First Aid reports no problems.

MobiusStrip

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
UPDATE: From the command line, I was able to force Disk Utility to create a partition on the SSD. After then "erasing" that partition in Disk Utility's GUI, I was able to install the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.