Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HailAlistair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
This is weird and annoying: I'm getting "This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available." when I have more than 2TB free in iCloud. See screenshots below.

I have shot 280 GB of long videos recently, and they are also stuck with iCloud Photo Library saying "Syncing 45 items to iCloud" after days of being plugged in almost all the time with the screen off most of the time.

I have the 2TB iCloud plan + Apple One. I have gone over 2TB in the past, so I don't understand why this iPhone in particular stopped backing up now. Other devices seem to still be able to get backed up and sync photos and videos.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

OXz1j.jpg

THyfG.jpg
rIC3y.jpg

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Switched my phone off so I am guessing these settings, go to backups and check the size of the next backup to see what it says.

Something like go to backups on your iPhone, select the iPhone and it will calculate how much space the next backup will use. That will at least confirm whether or not it is somehow using the remainder of your iCloud space. Not expecting it to but it's a first step to elimination.

Lots of potential reasons, the way iCloud manages files for example it retains deleted media for 30 days which along with everything else may not leave enough space.

Start there at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.