Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loco Emperor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
What's a good unlocked or att compatible android phone for like under $200?

I brought my mother a Zte zmax2 and it had some great reviews but the phone itself seems glitchy.

I of course wish she would use something better like iOS or windows but I also don't want to go through the trouble of having to teach her how to use anything (even though she did figure out my iPhone and her old windows phone far easier than her last three androids).

Any recommendations?

lol using this phone(and my brothers android phone which he is also having issues with and his is a high end Samsung galaxy edge) definitely makes me cringe as android is always said to have gotten better and yet I am not seeing it smh

Loco Emperor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
I thought according to you a good Android phone does not exist?
There isn't one lol. At least for me. Thankfully I don't have to deal with android anymore on my daily basis and I figured I'd ask fans of the os what is best for the price range for my mother.

Do you have anything to contribute to the overall topic or just wasting time because you're bothered that someone dares speak ill of the great android lol.

As I said this is not for me as I never will buy another android if I can help it for myself as I prefer iPhone and windows mobile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.