Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravox

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
Blue is my favorite color so decided to get Pacific blue pro max since I always use Apple cases got the blue leather case to match after a few days i was annoyed with the look never liked how the pacific blue looked on the case went to apple store to do an exchange for the graphite put on the silicone case and WOW ? fell in love with this Darth Vader look

AE2E1843-28EF-4856-98D8-09B18652D81B.jpeg

643CD0F5-A91F-495B-A5AC-4436CA2DCE8F.jpeg

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
They’re both beautiful phones and you chose a nice case for each one. It’s hard to pick a favorite this year. I had a blue 12 Pro and I loved the color. For reasons having nothing to do with aesthetics, I returned it. I currently have a green 12 mini in a clear case and I love it.

Congratulations on your new stealth phone!

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

Ravox

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
Maybe its just my eyes or maybe the way Apple made pacific blue hard to match with any other blue lol ... but something was odd with the blue with case.. out of the case its a stunning phone put as soon as you put a case it’s disappointing

Reactions: Pipper99

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
The pacific blue Pro looks fantastic on its own but I did find it hard to match with a case that wasn’t clear. I like the blue *silicone* case over the leather. I also picked up the kumquat color which is flashy but contrasts nicely.

Your graphite looks awesome with the case you chose!

Reactions: 5105973 and Ravox

Ravox

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
Yes i also believe that caseless or with a clear case the pacific blue shines with Apple cases not so much

Reactions: Pipper99

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
Blue is my favorite color so decided to get Pacific blue pro max since I always use Apple cases got the blue leather case to match after a few days i was annoyed with the look never liked how the pacific blue looked on the case went to apple store to do an exchange for the graphite put on the silicone case and WOW ? fell in love with this Darth Vader look

View attachment 1679027
View attachment 1679028
I currently have 12 pm in gold so looking at both with no bias I would definitely take the blue with the Baltic blue leather case. It stands out. It pops more. And it’s different. Graphite smuggled inside a black case is not noticeable and looks like any other gray/black/dark phone

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I currently have 12 pm in gold so looking at both with no bias I would definitely take the blue with the Baltic blue leather case. It stands out. It pops more. And it’s different. Graphite smuggled inside a black case is not noticeable and looks like any other gray/black/dark phone
How’s the gold holding up in terms of scratch resistance so far? I saw a video where the guy who had launch day gold and silver phones said the gold was pristine but showed scratches all over the silver edges already. I had the silver 12 Pro Max 256 on order but it wasn’t budging so canceling it and going for gold wasn’t going to change my ship date much. So that’s what I did, changed to gold and decided to bump it up to 512GB while I was at it. I’m pretty even in terms of liking both colors. I like all of the colors about the same. A lot of the cases I like look best with the pale phones though.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
How’s the gold holding up in terms of scratch resistance so far? I saw a video where the guy who had launch day gold and silver phones said the gold was pristine but showed scratches all over the silver edges already. I had the silver 12 Pro Max 256 on order but it wasn’t budging so canceling it and going for gold wasn’t going to change my ship date much. So that’s what I did, changed to gold and decided to bump it up to 512GB while I was at it. I’m pretty even in terms of liking both colors. I like all of the colors about the same. A lot of the cases I like look best with the pale phones though.
I’ve had the 12 pro gold(caseless)and now the 12PM in gold(sometimes caseless) and yes. It’s true. Not one scratch on the gold steel. I knew When I saw the micro scratches on all the silvers in the Apple store that that was the one to stay away from. My experience with both golds has been A+. I have no doubt it’s the strongest out of all the colors because the coating went under a different process so that the coating is as durable as the stainless steel itself.

Having said that I might make one more exchange before the holiday return period ends for the PB. I’ll see

Reactions: 5105973

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017

I did the same as you. I pre-ordered the silver 12 Pro Max in 128GB, and then after using it for a few days, I noticed small scratches on the silver frame, especially next to the lightning port (I know they can be removed with the cape cod polish), but I decide to exchange it for a Gold 12 Pro Max but this time in 256GB.

Gold is very lovely, and I found its steel catches fewer fingerprints as compared to other colors.

I like to rock my iPhone naked, so happy with my choice, but I would say all the colors in 12 Pro and Pro Max are very lovely.

Reactions: 5105973

Ravox

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
Gold is an option that never comes to my mind when decide for color.. it’s a taste thing of course but a just don’t like anything gold... the gold this year it’s beautiful but definitely not for me too kardashian for my taste.. coming from silver 11 pro max my decision was between PB and Graphite and i must say it’s not a easy choice since both look amazing

Selmir

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
Sweden
Gold is an option that never comes to my mind when decide for color.. it’s a taste thing of course but a just don’t like anything gold... the gold this year it’s beautiful but definitely not for me too kardashian for my taste.. coming from silver 11 pro max my decision was between PB and Graphite and i must say it’s not a easy choice since both look amazing
I don't really like gold too, to be fair. I ordered an silver but since it's made for scratches, I replaced it with an gold one - who is suppose to have more, durable protection. I have looked at them all and the silver one was the best looking of them all. Shame that you need to polish it every other month.. plus have some skills as well doing so which I don't.

Reactions: 5105973 and Ravox

LED

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
They’re both beautiful phones and you chose a nice case for each one. It’s hard to pick a favorite this year. I had a blue 12 Pro and I loved the color. For reasons having nothing to do with aesthetics, I returned it. I currently have a green 12 mini in a clear case and I love it.

Congratulations on your new stealth phone!
What clear case do you have, if you don’t mind me asking?

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I love the PB dark rim around the front bezel, it makes the screen feel seamless whereas the blue in the camera cut out on the PB isn't a great shade of blue. The Graphite has a better camera cutout colour and looks fab but you can see the lighter rim around the front bezel and it's not as nice as the PB's darker rim - this is most noticeable when using one of the Apple leather/silicon cases.

Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: Ravox

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
What clear case do you have, if you don’t mind me asking?
I’m using the oddly named Casekoo (from Amazon). Their branding does appear in clear but minimally raised lettering under the 5G antenna oval. It has slight feet on three sides opposite the camera bump to help the phone lie flat on a table.

There are soft TPU sides and a hard plastic back. Even the sides are surprisingly clear so it will show off the edges of the phone.

I had one on the 12 Pro and 12 (phones that I returned) and have it now for the mini. My daughter loves the one on her 12 Pro. I usually go for hard polycarbonate cases but I don’t like the issues I’ve had with these new flat edges that show everything after getting rubbed up by a hard plastic side.

Last edited:
Reactions: LED

Ravox

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2020
It's funny since i had both colors never noticed the the rim that much around the bezel with the cases, tbh graphite and blue look the same on the front panel to me, but agree regarding the camera cutout the graphite is elegant

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Looks awesome! I love my graphite max as well, although I was torn between that and the gold one. How much bulkier is it with the official Apple silicone case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.