Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodsey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2001
When scrounging through old files on my mac, i stumbled across this strange movie. it is an advertisement for internship at apple, which i downloaded sometime last year.

Anyway, within this 1.21 min video, there is a few seconds which really stood out. it appears to show the mac os on login, with all the icons and windows falling into place. surely this has something to do with the testing, or development of quartz extreme!

ive placed a small movie showing exactly what im talking about on my mac.com home page

http://homepage.mac.com/joshwoods/iMovieTheater19.html

Anyone know what this could be? is it just a rendered movie, or is it the mac os in action?

saint

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Sydney
I doubt its a feature we will see on any future versions of Mac OS X.
It isn't happening on login, as there is a picture and a quicktime movie being opened as it is all happening.
And see how everything is coming in from off the screen.

It looks like some sort of animation they have made as a demonstration, not something they have done with the actual OS.

But it certainly is interesting, and the shadow effect is very cool.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
all that is is a demonstration of how the graphics engine treats objects in OS X. its basically showing the layers and different renderings of the screen...they throw the dock in, then quicktime, the quicktime window, then the movie itself inside the window. its just a visual demonstration of the interface, its capabilities, and how it works.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Deffinately not something we will see in OSX... you notice the icons and windows are flying in from off the screen of that desktop? I dont know what kind of monitors you guys have but my monitor cant do that :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.