Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
You might also want to wait to see if there is a legally sold version of the XO (the OLPC) in the west - though maybe a bit child-like (well, duh), it could be a very capable linux portable for not too much money.

David

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Has anyone tried that product? It seems it can serve as a beefed up Palm or Pocket PC. I wonder how long its battery life would be. I hope the boot up time is instantaneous like Palm TX I am using.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
My interest is peaking however what is "Internet Tablet OS 2006 Edition"? Is it based off of the symbian os that nokia uses elsewhere in its products?

bobjob186

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2005
Laguna Beach
if you want it buy the nokia because you're more likely to get arthritis before you get a product like this from apple anytime soon.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
My interest is peaking however what is "Internet Tablet OS 2006 Edition"? Is it based off of the symbian os that nokia uses elsewhere in its products?

It's based on Linux.

The reviews by some magainzes such as this are not positive for this product. I would skip this product for now and wait for Apple to come up with its version (if ever).

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
It's based on Linux.

The reviews by some magainzes such as this are not positive for this product. I would skip this product for now and wait for Apple to come up with its version (if ever).

I'll just go get a macbook to go along with my 2footer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.