Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piblondin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Certain pages have been triggering this message and page refreshes since I updated my iPad Air to 12.1 from 9.2 this week—ultimately leading to the webpage crashed / a problem repeatedly occurred message. I tried reinstalling the OS, closing all apps and other tabs, deleting cache and cookies, trying many other web browsers besides Safari, resetting network settings, reducing motion, freeing storage space (I have 35GB free), clearing the RAM, resetting the iPad, etc. and nothing has worked.

Any other suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this problem? I’m wondering if it’ll be fixed in the next update or if I need to move on and upgrade to a Pro. It’s a shame because my Air 2 otherwise works OK on iOS 12.1 and because these are pages that worked fine on 9.2.

MrThabet

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2018
I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 6. Just upgraded from iOS11.4.1 -> 12.1. Constant page reloads in safari. Basically only Wikipedia is stable. instagram and whatsapp crashing frequently as well. The phone gets very warm during normal use. Very much appreciate any help.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Certain pages have been triggering this message and page refreshes since I updated my iPad Air to 12.1 from 9.2 this week—ultimately leading to the webpage crashed / a problem repeatedly occurred message. I tried reinstalling the OS, closing all apps and other tabs, deleting cache and cookies, trying many other web browsers besides Safari, resetting network settings, reducing motion, freeing storage space (I have 35GB free), clearing the RAM, resetting the iPad, etc. and nothing has worked.

Any other suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this problem? I’m wondering if it’ll be fixed in the next update or if I need to move on and upgrade to a Pro. It’s a shame because my Air 2 otherwise works OK on iOS 12.1 and because these are pages that worked fine on 9.2.
Are you saying you did a full DFU and also, set up as new? Jumping from 9 to 12 may not have been tested and well supported.

piblondin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Are you saying you did a full DFU and also, set up as new? Jumping from 9 to 12 may not have been tested and well supported.
I did not set up as new. Unfortunately, I’m not sure I’m willing to do that as my backup is on a Mac that’s running 10.9. I didn’t really think this through before updating the iPad. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.